Manure is a valuable resource, providing nutrients for crop production and improving the health and quality of soil when applied correctly. Understanding the true nutrient value in your manure is important since composition can vary depending on many different physical and environmental factors.
Whether you’re testing manure for compliance purposes or are looking to utilize it as a part of your fertility program, VAS Laboratories’ easy-to-understand reports provide the information you need to manage your nutrients.
Get the information you need for nutrient management planning
Uncover True Nutrient Value
Manure value varies by source – don’t rely on general “book” values
VAS holds certifications from the MN department of Agriculture
MANURE TESTING PACKAGES:
- Basic – dry matter, total nitrogen, potassium, phosphorus, sulfur
- Basic Plus – Basic package and minor nutrients: calcium, magnesium, copper, iron, manganese, sodium, zinc
- Complete – Basic Plus package and ammonia
- Deluxe – Deluxe package and pH, soluble salts (EC)
ADDITIONAL MANURE TESTING ANALYYSES:
- Ammonia and Nitrate – measures inorganic nitrogen
- pH – measures acidity or alkalinity of manure which directly influences the amount of ammonia volatilization that occurs. pH is variable and dependent on feed and bedding practices associated with the animal production system.
*Packages vary by location, please contact your preferred laboratory location for more details.
Nutrient Management Services
Our skilled team has over 100 years of experience delivering expert advice to growers and the agricultural community.
AgSource Laboratories is now part of VAS, but our commitment to providing superior laboratory analysis and testing remains