The transition period is
critical to her success.
Management of this
costly disease begins
with monitoring - but
blood testing isn't always
VAS’ Fresh Cow Summary features the Transition Cow Index®, a comprehensive and objective measure of transition cow management, allowing you to benchmark the effectiveness of your transition cow program for improved long-term profitability.
- Compares your herd’s fresh cow performance to an industry standard
- Evaluates transition management by month of calving with one year of history
- Measures early lactation turnover
- Calculates an expected 305-day milk production for each cow in the herd
- Identifies individual cows with transition problems and those at risk for ketosis
Monitoring changes month to month will help you reach and achieve your dairy’s transition cow goals.
TCI® was developed in partnership with the University of Wisconsin School of Veterinary Medicine. Using data from over 550,000 cows, researchers developed algorithms to calculate expected 305-day milk production. This calculation uses factors such as prior lactation, age, milking frequency, breed, days dry, month of calving and more.
from large multi-site operations to small
VAS has the platform for you.
Keep clinical and sub-clinical ketosis in check with KetoMonitor, the cost-effective way to manage and monitor prevalence in your herd.